Feta Turkey Burger Recipe
I made delicious and healthful turkey burgers for dinner and wanted to share the recipe with you. Each compiled burger is only 380 calories. Not to brag, but these are delicious and guilt free. I tested them on some friends and they agreed! I served it with several cloves of roasted garlic. Garlic is a great natural immunity booster.
- 5 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small avocado
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 Tesoro tomato
- 5 whole wheat buns, toasted
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Combine ground turkey, diced onion, and feta cheese in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide turkey mixture into 5 even sections. Roll in palms and flatten into a burger. Place into heated skillet and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes, flip, and let cook for another 6 minutes or until done all of the way through.
- Meanwhile halve and pit avocado. Slice into 1/4 inch sections and remove from shell. Slice the tomato into 1/4 inch slices.
- Once the burgers have cooked completely, assemble sandwich stacking bun, lettuce, tomato, turkey patty, avocado, then top bun. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think if you try the recipe. Did you make any tweaks? I’d love to hear about them! Feel free to share this recipe with friends as well. ❤
Check out some of my other posts: