How to Use an Elliptical Machine Effectively
The elliptical machine can and should be one of your best friends at the gym.
I usually start all of my workouts with a quick warm up on the elliptical trainer, and then usually use it for a cool down after i’m done as well.
There are so many benefits to using an elliptical trainer instead of or in conjunction with a treadmill or stair climber.
- Elliptical machines put less stress on your joints.
- The elliptical targets different muscles than running, cycling, and stair climbing.
- An elliptical forces us to have a longer stride. This could result in an increased running speed.
If we want an effective elliptical workout, we need to remember a few things.
- Stand up straight. Good posture is essential in any workout.
- Keep your heels down!
- Enter your information into the machine. This will give you a more accurate calorie count. We should be aiming on burning 100 kcal every 10 minutes.
- Hike up the resistance, not the incline.
- Switch up directions to work different muscles.
How long do you usually spend on the elliptical? Is it your go-to cardio machine? Leave a comment!
Check out some of my other posts: