Top 5 Reasons to Drink Green Tea
I love tea. It’s 0 calories, so when I want a hot drink it’s a great choice. I used to be a sucker for hot chocolate, but now green tea is my go-to hot beverage. Why?
- It’s high in antioxidants called catechins that fight off free radicals that can damage DNA.
- It’s been known to fight cancer, heart disease, and lower cholesterol.
- It’s great for weight loss as it speeds up the metabolism.
- It also lowers cholesterol and prevents diabetes by slowing blood sugar and insulin spikes.
- Drinking green tea regularly can also prevent stroke and dementia.
One cup of green tea has about 6 to 8% of the caffeine of one cup of coffee. Keep this in mind if you’re sensitive to caffeine or if you’re drinking green tea before bed.
Some healthcare professionals recommend drinking two, but no more than four cups a day, while others recommend up to ten cups a day.
Will you be adding green tea to part of your regular diet? Do you have anything to add to this discussion?
Check out some of my other super awesome posts: